Join Our Talent Network
Be the first to know about career events, new openings, exclusive updates, and get job info that matches what you’re looking for.Join our Talent Network
Refer a Friend
Our employees make Southwest General a great place to work! Do you know someone who would be a great addition to our team?Submit Your Referral
Our employees' ongoing development is a priority. We strategically invest in our employees' training and development, nurturing their talents, and building their skill sets to help Southwest achieve its goals, enhance our culture, and assist our leaders in better managing talent. We consistently evaluate and prioritize learning needs, create and plan staff development initiatives, as well as measure results and satisfaction. We take a multi-faceted approach to providing continuing education and growth. Highlights of our offerings include:
- Generous tuition assistance program to financially support the education of our employees.
- Individualized learning maps for each employee to foster personal and professional growth.
- On-site, one-on-one career coaching and career pathing to retain top talent.
- Several college partnerships offering discounted tuition for Southwest employees, including an RN to BSN direct pay program through Ashland University.
- On-site certification programs including a partnership with Cuyahoga Community College.
- Peer led Learning Communities for peer-to-peer best practice sharing.
- Books@Work collaborative to deepen social connections and create effective teams through facilitated discussions of selected books and stories.
Explore careers in healthcare!
My Next Move is an interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers.
Southwest General is excited to partner with Baldwin Wallace University to provide practical and applied education solutions for Southwest General employees at a discounted, affordable price. Baldwin Wallace is working with Southwest General to offer a "Signature Learning Partner" opportunity. These partnership solutions include:
- Healthcare team professional development
- Undergraduate degree programs
- Graduate degree programs
We take pride in the continuing education assistance we work hard to offer and have focused on the needs our employees have communicated including affordability, flexibility in programs, and a seamless administrative process through direct pay for tuition.