- Middleburg Heights, OH
- Southwest General Health Ctr
- Population Health
- PRN , Days
- Nursing Support/Patient Services
- Req #: 13206
Hours: PRN, as needed coverage.
This position, in collaboration with the organization's strategic plan and under the supervision of Population Health management, incumbent will provide ongoing, support, facilitation and coordination between new and established physicians and new and existing staff for population health activities for SGMG, Southwest Family Practice and independent practices. As a member of this self-directed planning team, this position will also support the various components of Case Management such as communicating with patients and their insurance's, scheduling patients, assist Case Management and Social Work performing clerical and clinical applications, and submitting data for various quality measure incentive programs, assists in the precertification of patient's admission, review length of stay and the coordination of services needed to ensure an appropriate plan and timely discharge of patients.
Specifically, the Navigation Coordinator works at top of his/her scope and in collaboration and continuous partnership with participating physician offices, chronic care navigators (at home services), patients and their family/caregiver(s), clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, hospital-based care team, and community resources in a team approach to:
• Promote timely access to appropriate care: Provides post discharge follow-up visits with PCP or Health & Wellness Clinic, ensuring adequate transportation is provided if necessary and follow-up phone call are provided.
Engage staff to:
• Increase utilization of preventative care
• Reduce emergency room utilization and hospital readmissions
• Increase comprehension through culturally and linguistically appropriate education
• Promote adherence to a care plan, developed in coordination with the patient, primary care provider, and family/caregiver(s)
• Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with tertiary care providers, transitions-in-care, and referrals
• Increase patients’ ability for self-management and shared decision-making
• Connect patients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing patient health and well-being, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing health care costs
• Completion of all notifications and precertification in a timely manner. Documentation maintained.
- Associates degree or 2 years office experience required.
Required Length and Type of Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Data analysis experience preferred. Comfortable with technology and familiar with Microsoft Office and other software packages.
- Ability to communicate abstract technical information to less experienced users.
- Ability to lead and facilitate group process.
- Strong analytical skills to trouble shoot and problem solve process issues.
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
- Ability to meet flexible work schedule requirements