DIRECTOR OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
- Middleburg Heights, OH
- Southwest General Health Ctr
- Materials Management
- FULL-TIME , Days , 8:00AM - 4:30PM
- Req #: 16180
Southwest General Health Center is a 352-bed community hospital located in Middleburg Heights, Ohio. One of the last standing community hospitals in Northeast Ohio, we partner with University Hospitals and other local community organizations to provide a full range of services to all who need us. We are certified as a Level III Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center, and have been serving our community for over 100 years!
Why work at SWGHC? In addition to the outstanding culture, we offer great benefits, no rotating shifts, free parking and are close to the turnpike and I-71. Come join our team! #loveajobthatlovesyouback
Director of Materials Management
Supervise and direct the central materials management functions, materials acquisition, storage and distribution functions of the organization.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Business related field.
REQUIRED LENGTH AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- 5-8 years of work experience in procurement supporting operations, healthcare facilities or capital construction projects
- Ability to create and execute a procurement process vision, as well as an ability to work within larger organizational objectives
- Working knowledge of sourcing processes and methodologies
- Proven success leading cross-division sourcing projects; able to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision under challenging conditions
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees purchasing of goods and services, ensuring cost and quality standards are met.
- Manage the inventory control function to maintain adequate stock to meet the operational needs of the hospital.
- Establishes policies and procedures for identifying, evaluating, selecting and negotiating with vendors.
- Develops purchasing procedures (RFP/RFQ, bid, purchase order, or requisition processes) meant to ensure that quality standards for purchased goods or services are met while costs are minimized.
- Build strategic relationships with suppliers, transportation companies, and service providers.
- Serve as the primary focal point for key price, delivery, and technical negotiations with Supply Chain partners. Lead buying team to develop tactical cost containment strategies as necessary.
- May directly manage vendor relationships or work with vendors to resolve quality, shipping, or invoicing issues.
- Keeps current with new products, technology, and developments in Hospital purchasing and materials management.
- Monitor and manage costs to ensure adherence to budgets, forecasts and organizational goals.
- Manages the print shop functions and services.
- Leads and directs the work of other employees. Supervision is often provided through a team of subordinate managers.
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function.
- Represents Hospital in group purchasing programs.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Work collaboratively with internal team members on sourcing strategy, market analysis, make vs. buy opportunities, and supplier roadmaps to support cost, quality, and delivery targets. Build and maintain an active register of cost savings projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Issue purchase orders, ensure timely delivery of purchase orders, and resolve invoice issues when necessary.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to solve problems or improve processes.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations.
Additional Information#LoveAJobSWG – non-nursing opportunities